Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Brisket at Costco

Options
2»

Comments

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Considering the prices, and the quality of goods (especially Costco's Kirkland brand), membership cost doesn't even come up to lunch money. 
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Pretty good price for a brisket, but I'd still take a look at each one before you pick one. While its rated prime, the inspectors don't look at brisket when rating the cow. I've seen choice briskets right next to prime briskets before that had better marbling. And give it a bend test before you pick one.

All that being said, I pulled a brisket out of the freezer last night for this weekend. Picked it up right before the Fourth of July. It was marked down from about $28 (2.99 a lb) to about $14.00 ($1.49 a lb) plus I had a $10 off coupon at the store so it came out to be a $4 brisket! Was looking at it last night thinking it was probably choice and it turns out its CAB. Should be some good eats on Saturday if'n I don't screw it up.;)  Good luck with yours..

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Que_n_Brew
    Options
    TEggSun said:
    yzzi said:
    This thread is ticken me off. All you folks out there getting prime brisket. Finding a packer round my neck of the woods is near impossible and $7-8 per pound if I want to get choice. Are these prime briskets Packers or just flats? I'm about to complain to my Costco either way.
    They are full packers.  I've smoked two thus far, and they are phenomenal.

And there is the salt in the wound. =))
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Just checked at El Dorado store in Frisco, Meat manager said never will have prime on brisket. Each store is different.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX