Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Contamination?

Need some help with the dish I made, not sure if it's safe to eat. Any advice would be appreciated or suggestions, or comments. I marinated a chuck roast with some allegro, Stubbs, and bourbon. The next day, I put the chuck roast on the grill, poured the marinade into a pan underneath it to catch the drippings. Chuck roast and marinade were in the smoker at about 250 for four hours. Then I put the Chuck roast in aluminum foil, poured the marinade in the foil over the chuck roast, and wrapped it up. I kept that combination inside the smoker for about another three hours at about 275 to 300°. So, what do you think? Is it safe to eat? don't know if this is a stupid question but honestly I'm not sure given the contamination possibility. Chuck roast is all kinds of fork tender, and ready-to-eat. Thanks guys.
·

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 6,908
    You're good! Sounds delish...enjoy your meal!
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
  • billybonbillybon Posts: 183
    If you are worried about the marinade, it should not be a problem. It has cooked long enough to kill any contamination that may have existed.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,249
    I'd go by meat temp... If it's tender you should be fine.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • mokadirmokadir Posts: 114
    No problem. No known pathogen could have survived that.
    Delaware Valley, PA Large BGE, CGS adjustable rig, iQue110, High-Que grate
    ·