Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Good ribs!

Well got my egg back up and running and decided to try ribs not 3-2-1 but 5 hrs at 250-270 untouched without foil and they were just as good or better than the foiled method....I love ribs!!!

Two spatch chickens in now to finish it off!!!
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
image.jpg 1.6M
·

Comments

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,486
    +1 for beef. Well done
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,525
    Pork spares and they were tasty.
    Im Done with the foil for sure.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,859
    I'm a foil guy but glad you found a system that you are happy with.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 417
    @CANMAN1976 - that's how I cook 'em.  4.5 to 5 hours and leaving the dome closed until at least the 4.5 hour mark. This is for St. Louis cut ribs. Don't know about baby backs.

Springram
    Spring, Texas

LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • That's the way I like to do them too. Nice work!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.