Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New York

Options
2»

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Acn said:
    blueinatl said:
    For high end if you can get into Le Bernadin, it doesn't disappoint.  I love Katz's deli as well and if you like sushi, Morimoto's is really good!

Last time I got sushi in NY I went with my cousin. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was supposed to be one of the better places in the city. The bill was $200. Each.
    I don't think that is too ridiculous, especially once you factor in the NY premiums. I've had the omakase at Kaz Sushi Bistro in DC, and although my wife wouldn't let me see the bill (it was my b-day), I'm pretty sure it was $250-300 for the two of us. And if I remember correctly, Sukiyabashi Jiro is around $400/person. On the whole, I'd rather do that than drop a comparable amount at a steakhouse, because there is no way I can come remotely close to pulling that sushi dinner together. I can order really good dry aged steak and cook it myself a lot sooner than I'll be a master sushi chef.
    I completely agree...but we still will hit up Peter Luger Steak House.  I wonder which one is better though.  hmm.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Cazzy, wear the AP jersey while he runs for 300+ yards against the Giants. Maybe he'll sign it too.
  • Boileregger
    Options

My only advice is to avoid any restaurants right around Times Square.

I lived in NY for a year. The in-laws came to visit and they wanted to eat at the Olive Garden in Times Square. I was livid, refused to do so. Marched them down to Katz's and my FIL still talks about it 7 years later.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Where was it that old Giant QB's went? Oh yeah, twin cities.......
    Liked Fran even when he played with the Purple People Eaters....after the G-men, Vikes always were my favourite NFC team - SWMBO went to school with Chuck Badcock's daughter, was a trainer under Bud Grant... 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Got to go to Peter Luger's.  I went last year and have never been without their sauce since then and I am not much of a sauce guy, but theirs in exceptional. They serve it on the table in a gravy boat.
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Options
    I would probably not recommend anything in little Italy-tourist trap. If you must, I agree that Angelo's is the way to go. If you are looking for the Italian thing go to Arthur avenue in the Bronx. There I recommend Dominic's .... There is no menu. However, there are still better places to go right in Manhattan.

Le Bernedin, Per Se, Daniel all once in a life time dining experiences but there are more fun places to eat with exceptional food.

Check out seriouseats.com. They have some great NYC food reviews with pictures.

If you want a dog, id say crif dog, see if you can figure out how to get into the speakeasy hidden there.
  • williamadamsesq
    Options
    Steak for 2, wine, salad, couple of sides and a tip was only $225 at Lugers.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    There are a ton of great restaurants: La marea- good spot up by Columbus circle (bottom of Central Park) Felidia's- awesome Italian restaurant Little owl- cool very small spot If you like batali restaurants Babo isn't bad Steakhouses in the city- keen's or even Del Friscos are good but for the bucket list head out to Peter Lugers in Brooklyn There are a ton of other spots- yelp can be another good resource Agree Daniels and Per Se are extremely memorable and very different but know what you are getting into before you go- expect $400-500/pp and better get a reservation now
    Greensboro, NC