Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fish, pig, chicken and deer (lots of pics)

Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023

Been grilling a lot of ordinary stuff lately....not a lot of fancy stuff, but still stuff nonetheless.  :)  Took a few pics along the way.

Some sockeye salmon:

A coupla center cut poke chops:

A diet pepsi butted chicken....yeah, I know, there are better ways to grill chicken and the soda can doesn't do squat.....but I had the time...and just felt like giving the beer butt chicken accessory some love.  :)

And finally some ground venison steaks tonight topped with caramelized onions.  I looooove Worcestershire Sauce.  :D

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    wow! you've been busy sir. That chicken looks mighty proud. What IT did you cook the salmon to? I can never seem to get that one right.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    A smorgasbord.  Well done.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Great as always Dyal_SC.  ^:)^

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Good stuff Dyal.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023

Thanks a lot, fellas'!  @caliking, I took the IT to around 150-155 deg f if I recall.  One thing I noticed about the sockeye salmon was that the fats seeped to the surface as it cooked.  It was sorta nasty looking...haha  Tasted great though...almost like a natural buttery baste.  :)  Never had that happen with any other salmon I've cooked.