Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon-wrapped filets

Options
Well, "filets."  But still:  tasty meat.  Reverse seared 'em, and served with some chicken-herb pilaf and some pan-roasted tomatoes.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.

Comments

• SaturdayFatterday
    Options
    Lest you think I haven't made anything in a while, know that we had Beer Olympics this weekend, and we Egged up some beer brats (cheddar and jalapeno; Cajun), New York strips, and wild boar sausages.  However, beer + hot food + lots of people = no pics.  My apologies.

• Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Options
    Looks good!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks like a Chef's Request filet? If so, I did some last week. Expected tenderloin from the 'Filet' description, but they actually were sirloin filets. Still a good tasting piece of meat and at a great price. Will do them again.
    Options
    These steaks were tenderloin (from the local butcher), but the bacon is holding the meat together in the shape of a filet, so it serves a structural purpose it wouldn't have to with a true filet.

Bacon-wrapped sirloin filets sound pretty darn good, though - and much easier on the wallet.