Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day
with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert
than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread
or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard
Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center
too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.
Brisket Fail - Help Needed
Last weekend, I did my first brisket and it turned out to be very tough.
- 5.55 lb brisket with a 1/2 inch fat cap
- Rubbed in Dizzy Dust (couldn't find Cow Lick) and mustard
- Set in a pan of Allegro, onion, Fat Tire and some hot sauce (Travis Method)
- Smoked with a mix of hickory and cherry chunks
- Cooked at 255* from 11:30am until 5:45am when I woke up and it the fire went WAY down to 179*
- Jacked the vents open and got it back up to 255* and then it shot back up to 289* for maybe 15-20 minutes, I adjusted it back down to 255*.
- Finally hit 195* internal temp at 7:30am (total time was around 8 hours)
- FTC for 4.5 hours
Turned out really tough while the brisket had a ton of liquid in the foil. Some spots had a smoke ring while others didn't. Did I cook it too long? Anything else I can fix? Is the liquid a reason why it was tougher lock-in a temperature? I didn't really have issues with locking in a temperature while doing ribs and a pork butt.