Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

48 chicken thighs, 20 bratwursts, 2 pork butts, and 1 brisket, epic meal time!

Mud PigMud Pig Posts: 450
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
This weekend was a bit much even for me. I promised my staff that I'd cook for the office summer bbq and I also promised my mother that I'd cook all the meat for my Aunt's party this weekend. Thus began my version of epic meal time. Here is the rundown:

Round 1 - Staff BBQ:
- Two 9 pound pork butts, 18 hours on the egg.
- 24 chicken thighs, brined over night and basted with soy sauce and mirin when they were cooked indirect at 400 degrees.
- 36 sliders, Korean slider recipe.

Round 2 - Aunt's Party:
- One 9 pound brisket, rubbed with S&P, smoked for 6 hours at 250 degrees on the egg, then braised in the oven over mirepoix, a bottle of red wine and beef broth for 3 hours at 350 degree.
- 20 bratwursts, smoked for an hour 1/2 at 250 degrees.
- 24 chicken thighs, brined over night, then cover in Tony Chacheres seasoning and cooked indirectly for an hour at 400 degrees on the egg.

I'm a little worn out, but a promise is a promise and I had to show off both my BBQ skills and the versatility if my XL BGE. Lord knows I'll be sleeping well tonight. Here are some pics.

MP
image.jpg
2560 x 1920 - 2M
image.jpg
2560 x 1920 - 2M
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 3M
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 3M
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments