Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Halibut cook time ?

Got some local fresh halibut today.im going to cook it directly on the grid raised at 400 how long should u cook it?

Thanks.
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,473
    It will depend on the thickness. I cook mine to about 135 Temp or until it flakes. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,570
    Was going to do 5 min a side.They are bout a inch thick.

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,473
    I cook by feel and looks, you just don't want to over cook that gorgeous piece of fish. When they flake they are done.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    Gotcha....will keep an eye on it!! :)

Corn n potatoes are done and the fish is now on.
    image.jpg 2.1M

Done.
    Damn tasty too!!!!
    image.jpg 1.8M

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,365
    Looks good, man. 
    Never done halibut on the grill (gasser, kettle or egg). Always deep fry it with a beer batter, English style fish and chips. Must give it a go, thanks for sharing. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.