Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Your Go-To Weekday Cooks

Here's one of my favorites. Pork tenderloin, sweet potatoes, onions, mushrooms, and squash. And usually other veggie options. Raised direct at 350F. All with EVOO and 'Kid Rub'. Cook the PT to 140F IT, all done about the same time, can do it in less than an hour on a weekday.
image.jpg 1.5M
·

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    Done!
    image.jpg 2.4M
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,497
    Nice cook! Love me some PT and sweet potatoes.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 365
    That looks great! Thanks for the ideas.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • Drewdlc17Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    Looks good. Are you feeding an Army?
    ·
    4 peeps, 2 adults, 2 young boys. There's usually some left over, we could feed a fifth!
    ·
  • OspreydogOspreydog Posts: 90
    Wow I've got to have some sweet potatoes now, that looks so good.
    ·
  • FireTowerFireTower Posts: 69
    Didn't know you could grill a sweet potato. Thanks
    ·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 359
    Nice one!  Gonna have to get me a way to raise my grid... so many options.
    Rich
    Long Island, NY
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,799
    Spathcock chicken, steaks, burgers

Garnerville, NY
    ·
    edited July 2013
    Um, er mmmmm, we do the same cook one or two days during the week with change outs of meat, potato, veggies. With the AR we can run three racks if needed but usually one or at most two will do depending on who's here for dinner. The meat line up varies between pork tenderloin, sliced pork loin, spatchcock chicken, boneless chicken, and chicken wings. We do very little beef anymore. Sweet potato patties, steak fries, or red potatoes. Squash, zucchini, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and a few others. Sometimes fruit like an apple or pineapple. Sometimes smoke, usually not. And of course pick your rub or add your sauce. Eggheads! That's just what we do during the week after a day's work. All that and we love our Eggin' on the weekends!
    ·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 262
    Great inspiration---thanks
    ·