Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Boston butt no flavor?

grege345grege345 Posts: 3,498
I had great success this weeken with my third go around with pork butt. However it was really lacking flavor. It was tender and juicy though. Am I expecting too much or should I try injecting it next time? Cooking details 7.5 boneless butt 4 hours in fridge covered in 3 beer bbq rub and mustard Re rubbed before it went to egg Egg stabilized around 225 Drip pan with water elevated off platesetter. 12 hours no peek till 195 Skewer test passed with flying colors. A first for me Lots of apple wood chunks and hickory chunks more than I usually put in but maybe still not enough. Few handfuls of each Any help would be appreciated
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Apple Juice in the drip pan, and if you want to inject, go with John Henry's Pecan Marinade.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer