Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Spatched Turkey with dressing??

Hey all just wondering how I can get moist stuffing with a spatched turkey cook.Usually i cook the stuffing in the turkey but obviously I can't do it when spatched?? Any suggestions???

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 13,986
    Yes. Cook it in a pan beside the turkey or as some do under the Turkey. I don't under as I cook turkey direct.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 5,554
    Mickey said:
    Yes. Cook it in a pan beside the turkey or as some do under the Turkey. I don't under as I cook turkey direct.
    Like Mickey says, under the bird you will get some drippings, over the bird in a covered pan or it will dry out. I do mine indirect and alternate, I like moist dressing, SWMBO likes crunchy stuff so unless she notices, it goes under the bird in a raised drip pan. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.