Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Spatched Turkey with dressing??

Hey all just wondering how I can get moist stuffing with a spatched turkey cook.Usually i cook the stuffing in the turkey but obviously I can't do it when spatched?? Any suggestions???

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 13,693
    Yes. Cook it in a pan beside the turkey or as some do under the Turkey. I don't under as I cook turkey direct.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 5,403
    Mickey said:
    Yes. Cook it in a pan beside the turkey or as some do under the Turkey. I don't under as I cook turkey direct.
    Like Mickey says, under the bird you will get some drippings, over the bird in a covered pan or it will dry out. I do mine indirect and alternate, I like moist dressing, SWMBO likes crunchy stuff so unless she notices, it goes under the bird in a raised drip pan. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.