Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini Meat Smoke

I'm getting a lot of meat smoke on pretty much anything I put on my mini egg.  Anybody else have this problem or even better a solution?  I was thinking of possibly raising the grid somehow or working up a homemade plate setter . . .
·

Comments

• RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Have you thought about the mini woo?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,271
    edited July 2013
    Mini Woo. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos It gets it up this high. I use it most of my cooks. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,094
    Mini woo is a must. It never leaves my mini.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • BadongBadong Posts: 126
    Thanks guys.  That looks sweet!  Umm, $56 . . . ouch.

Those pictures look like the Woo for the small. The current mini woo is just a ring with two bars:

http://shop.ceramicgrillstore.com/mini-10-woo-ring/
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,271
    Badong said:
    Thanks guys.  That looks sweet!  Umm, $56 . . . ouch.

Those pictures look like the Woo for the small. The current mini woo is just a ring with two bars:

http://shop.ceramicgrillstore.com/mini-10-woo-ring/

Best money spent in the Mini. It should be standard equipment.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·