Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Minimalist Chicken

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,953
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
I struggled with calling this indirect chicken, to draw folks to the first pic.  This is a fine example of using an XL strength, that is thought by a lot of folks to be a weaknesses; namely cooking area and firebox size.  I wanted to do these marinated, boneless and skinless chicken breasts indirect.  I just loaded some lump in the back of the firebox, and cooked indirect in the front.  In the last 5 minutes I put them over the heat.  I cooked a small meal on the XL and used no more lump than I would in my Small.  I also had direct and indirect in the same cook without using any stones.

Indirect at 400 for 30 minutes, and then 5 minutes direct until the internal was upper 150s.  Marinated overnight in KC Masterpiece Chipotle Lime.  Turned out a little tacky, sweet and citrus tasting.  Pic 2 is raw from the marinade. The meat was very juicy.

Simple plating with just some home pickled red cabbage and onion, and a few raw veggies.  Went lite tonight.
1 Indirect.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 3M
2 On the Heat.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 3M
3 Ready to Pull.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 3M
4 Ready to Eat.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 2M
5 On the Plate.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 2M
6 Juicy.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 2M