Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cauliflower crust pepporoni pizza

BadongBadong Posts: 126
Still rocking Paleo and the wife cooked this up tonight (not on the egg but still interesting).  We made the crust too thick but it was still delicious.
·

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,292
    Recipe? My wife is gluten free and I miss pizza. That looks great
    ·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 336
    Interesting.. I just bought a head of cauliflower for making smashed cauliflower.. Might have to make a pizza instead.
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • BadongBadong Posts: 126
    edited July 2013
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,292
    Thanks gonna try that!
    ·
  • FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 614
    U_tarded look in your local stores or on amazon for a brand called Gluten Free Mama flour. It makes a VERY good GF pizza. We have been gluten free for over two years and I waited to make pizza on the egg until I had it for like six months. Man did I miss out for those six months. GFM also makes a pre mixed pizza crust mix that you can also buy. But you get more bang for your buck if you buy the bag of flour and mix yourself.
    ·
  • So, has anyone successfully made a caukiflower pizza on the egg? Can a silpat be placed on the pizza setter?
    Liberalism. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
    adameads said:

So, has anyone successfully made a caukiflower pizza on the egg? Can a silpat be placed on the pizza setter?</blockquote
    I'd be really careful with a silpat over 450, especially with open flame nearby. Mine started to brown around the edges at 475 in my oven. Try parchment paper.

·
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    That cheese ain't paleo :)
    ·
  • BadongBadong Posts: 126
    Then we'll call it Primal.
    ·