Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Weekend Birthday Brisket - with pics

I got the honor of making my own birthday feast this weekend. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I tackled another brisket. This was my fourth attempt and again I am pretty happy. It was a 9lb packer after trimming. I stayed with strictly salt and pepper. Smoked at 225-250 for 15 hours. Started checking tenderness at 190 and pulled at 201. No foil until cooler time. Rested for 2 hours before slicing. I made a few errors in slicing this time. Still working on technique for that. I also made baked beans and grilled veggies but didn't get pictures. Beans were Bush's original with Stubb's Spicy BBQ sauce and black pepper with leftover pork butt from a few weeks ago. Veggies were green pepper, yellow pepper, onions, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini and squash coated in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. The Mrs. ordered an ice cream cake or I would have made the CI skillet chocolate chip cookie and had the complete meal from the Egg. It was a great day with family indeed! Oh and please don't tell @Cen-Tex I didn't use oak. I don't have a good excuse. Just didn't have any and was only home a short period of time to enjoy with the family so didn't want take time to find a source. Haven't had much luck so far locally. So regrettably, hickory was used. But we were able to choke it down ok.
Before.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
Its on.jpg
2448 x 3264 - 3M
done.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 3M
sliced 2.JPG
2448 x 3264 - 2M
sliced.JPG
2448 x 3264 - 3M
after.jpg
1536 x 2048 - 917K