Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Use for old fire ring

GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
Cracked my fire ring on a cleaning burn Memorial Day. Talked to my dealer, sent a picture, and they took care of it. So I picked up my new ring Friday. I took them the old one. They didn't want it. Any suggestions for what I should do with it?

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life

• NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Keep it!  You can stack it on your other fire ring when you want a raised grid.
    Knoxville, TN
  • Use the old one until it's not usable. Then put the new one in.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

• onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 729
    use JBWeld to "glue" it back together.. JB is a very high temp glue that can (as I have seen from other posts here) be used to repair it and use it raise the grid. etc...
  • smokeyjsmokeyj Posts: 262
    I use mine to bank my coals in my weber kettle.
  • I'm still using my cracked one.  New one is in a box in the garage until it's needed.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 986
    took mine to the curb,  it was gone before the trashmen showed up. 
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,747

Use the old one until it's not usable. Then put the new one in.

This... Still using my cracked mini base until it fails totally. Them I will swap out....heck I'm not against buying parts for it if they come available.
    Seattle, WA
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
    Already got the new one in. Will keep the cracked one for raised raised direct. Heck, I asked SWMBO if she wanted it for a planter. ;)

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life