Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Sweating from the Bottom

Options
Has anyone seen this before firsthand? I saw this last night after opening up the vents on my XL to do a burn out after smoking some chicken. I immediately shut down my egg and then cleaned it out today. I was thinking there would be some kind of crack, but there was nothing. I decided to clean out all the ash and try a burn with clean charcoal today. Same thing happened but not as much coming through. I did have some grease build up on the bottom of the egg from a year of smoking pork shoulders, chickens, and brisket. (I do use drip pans but I can't always catch everything) Is it possible the grease and water from recent rain is sweating out of the egg? I did recently buy the XL table nest from BGE, maybe this has been happening all along and I just couldn't see it.

Comments