Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New table (with pics) & the departure of my gasser

After adding a mini to the family I realized that a gasser was no longer needed, so we dumped the gasser, and we are now an Egg only family.  Also, we realized that a table would be needed to house two eggs.  Pics are below...

I wish I would take credit for building the table, but a local firefighter who does side handy work did it for relatively cheap - $900.  Any Eggers in the ATL area who want his info, just PM me.  Super nice guy and very responsive.  He is looking to take on more jobs like this.  Full disclosure - the handy man is NOT me, so I am not self advertising.

image      image     image
Atlanta suburbs
Large & Mini owner
UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,938
    Great lookin' table.  Huzzah!

·
  • bicktravbicktrav Posts: 467
    Table looks fantastic! Congrats!
    Southern California
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,589
    Very nice...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,498
    Great looking table!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • EGGATLEGGATL Posts: 22

Crispix49....new to the forum..If I did it right you should have mail.

Thanks,

Jon

Atlanta, Georgia area
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 456
    That's a beautiful table!
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,146
    Now that is a great set-up, very nice. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,282
    Me likey!  I don't think I've seen a Mini built into a table before.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Great looking set up! Many happy years enjoying it!
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,779
    Nice looking setup. You will enjoy that I'm sure. Happy Eggin!
    ·
  • Very nice! Curious as to why you would buy a mini or small when you already have a large. I am a relatively new Egghead with an XL. I will often use my gasser for quick or week night cooks.
    Bronxville, New York. XLBGE, MBGE
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    Very nice! Curious as to why you would buy a mini or small when you already have a large. I am a relatively new Egghead with an XL. I will often use my gasser for quick or week night cooks.
    My guess is as you dive deeper and deeper into eggheaddom, you will get the hankering for a second, smaller egg that is portable and quicker to fire up.  I kept the gasser for a year and half after I got the large for short simple cooks (hot dogs, chicken breasts, etc) but when I got the mini to take to the beach, I realized the gasser was just taking up space as the mini heats up FAST.  Plus is more real estate to cook on too.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    Very nice! Just putting the finishing touches on mine,what kind of stain did u use?
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    daffy1909 said:
    Very nice! Just putting the finishing touches on mine,what kind of stain did u use?
    It was a cedar stain (pretty much just for color) and I think about 7 coats of spar urethane.

Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·