Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Did someone say mangrate...

henapplehenapple Posts: 15,910
http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1149676/mangrates-review-video/p1

For all the new folks.... Wait a little while before trying to sell something on here. Mangrate, egg barowl, prepackaged pulled pork, etc...
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,182
    HAH! Good times...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 1,009
    Don't start!!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,910
    I wish someone new guy would start selling something.. Been kinds quiet lately.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    henapple said:

I wish someone new guy would start selling something.. Been kinds quiet lately.

Had a veteran trying selling cedar planks a few days ago.

Alls good now
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Mangrates = instant classic
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 23,957
    I have 12 briquettes for sale (MatchLight) if anyone is interested.

• WC1WC1 Posts: 42
    Ocean front property in Arizona?
    I'll throw the Golden Gate in for free...
  • From the front porch you can see the sea
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 23,957
    Russia

• Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 7,209
    edited July 2013
    George Strait -
    "I got some ocean front property in Arizona.
    From my front porch you can see the sea.
    I got some ocean front property in Arizona.
    If you'll buy that I'll throw the Golden Gate in free."
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,750
    Do any Eskimos need ice?
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,501
    Just ran across this: BargainFun: Mangrates review and a coupon code to get them free ! www.bargainfun.net/2013/.../mangrates-review-and-coupon-code-to-get.ht... Jun 10, 2013 - I came across Mangrates and I liked that they fit on any grill. I love that Mangrates are 100% American Made! They work great ! They are high ...
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Guys you can get them free just like henapple and Travis.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• JethroVAJethroVA Posts: 854
    I was given a set of Mangrates as a gift two years ago. Still in the box. Gonna be a collectors item one day. I would bring them to an Eggfest to show disbelievers but am worried that the TSA guys would laugh their asses off and I'd miss my flight.
    Richmond, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. No FireWires Yet. Hoping to win some soon.
  • dldawes1dldawes1 Posts: 2,133
    @FRED19FLINSTONE....Did I read where you will throw a mangrate in for free ??

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2014
    dldawes1 said:

@FRED19FLINSTONE....Did I read where you will throw a mangrate in for free ??

Only if you keep buying the BS story I'm selling.

EDIT - Normally I try to discourage old threads, but the power of Mangrates is seductive.
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,293
    Do y'all recommend the mangrate brush as well?
    NOLA
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 699
    edited January 2014
    The wound that never heals... The only way to counter it is post @mickey's coffee run, @travisstrick's brisket, or offer a pallet of OO. The topic is sooooooooo hated, mangrates are right up there with Obamacare and self-catheterization.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • dldawes1dldawes1 Posts: 2,133
    @FRED19FLINSTONE...just trying to get a response from HENAPPLE.....

Why does everyone want to pick on him ??????

He would never pick on anyone else......at least not from the posts I've read here....(hehehe).

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

dldawes1 said:
    @FRED19FLINSTONE...just trying to get a response from HENAPPLE.....

Why does everyone want to pick on him ??????

He would never pick on anyone else......at least not from the posts I've read here....(hehehe).

Who is henapple and more important why isn't his name began with a damn capital letter!

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,476
    Because "henapple" isn't a proper noun. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • I was hoping we would have seen pics of wonderfully creative ways some people have used to exterminate the Mangrates they were infested with. Except for Travis, because he put his Mangrates in charge of an impromptu urinalysis. Maybe if they're still around he can take them to the range and give mangrates a smiley face?
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 308
    And away we go! Happy Saturday Night!
    I'll try to find the original thread.
  • henapple said:

This one? http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1140329/mangrates/p1
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,293
    henapple said:

This one? http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1140329/mangrates/p1

Holy cow, how did I miss that?!!
    NOLA
  • Settle in for some laughs and a good while worth of entertainment. It's a long one!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • See @Boomer's avatar? LOL
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

I was hoping we would have seen pics of wonderfully creative ways some people have used to exterminate the Mangrates they were infested with. Except for Travis, because he put his Mangrates in charge of an impromptu urinalysis. Maybe if they're still around he can take them to the range and give mangrates a smiley face?
    Is this some sort of inside joke thing I am missing after a year on this forum.....that new members are suppose to automatically pick up on? If so...the joke is long used up. Like a  $5 hooker...

The $5.00 hooker is miles ahead of the Mangrates.