Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies

Options
TexanOfTheNorth
TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
Reading a post by @Vadalia1 yesterday put me onto to these. Had already planned on doing pizza for dinner last night so I decided to follow-up the pizza cook by baking a batch of these cookies. They were delicious.

Frying up some bacon.

The basic ingredients. The recipe also included 2 eggs and both vanilla and maple extract. I could only find artificial maple extract at the grocery store so I used real maple syrup instead. I am not sure if that provided as much of a maple flavor as the extract would have.

Baking on the egg.

The recipe made just over 2 dozen cookies in all.

Enjoyed with a glass of cold milk!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    Yummy!! I broke my rule of eating breakfast before visiting this board and you are making me pay for that.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Yep, those look awesome! Bookmarked.
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • jtippers
    Options
    Those look great! Can you list the amounts of each individual ingredient? Can't wait to try!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Bookmarked..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Oh man
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HorseMover
    Options
    Looks like a completely heathy snack. Awesome!
    Albion, PA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Whoa! Those look awesome. I'm so jealous and sad that I don't have any :(

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    @jtippers, sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this.

I used this recipe. I could only find imitation maple extract so I used pure maple syrup instead.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

I've heard of cookies like this...a man I work with had made something similar and was telling me how great they were. I've never had cookies like that, but I do love chocolate chip cookies and I love bacon.

There is a chocolate shop in my town and they make their own chocolate there. They also dip all sorts of things in chocolate...the traditional strawberries and things, but then, they did potato chips and pepperoni and bacon. I was in the store recently and a man was buying chocolate dipped bacon. I said I had never had that and he bought me a piece! I thought that was so nice. It was good! Sorry for that little bunny trail, but your cookies made me think of that. :)

Big Egg dreamin' in Richmond Hill, Georgia