Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

anyone tried fitting a medium green egg in a wall-mounted tabletop / shelf

Options
Greetings from the Netherlands, where the weather has just turned great for BBQ (well, always a good time for BBQ :-)

We have just gotten our Medium BGE and while first being completely convinced about the WWOO (www.wwoo.nl) we are now more tempted to go for fitting the BGE in a wall-mounted shelf / beam and standing on top of concrete cube.

See picture attached here (am aware this is a Mini, I want to apply this design to my Medium BGE):
Anyone tried this and has design / blueprints? Any recommendations / suggestions for design and materials?

Best,

Arjen

Comments

• TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Looks like a great idea.  Not very similar to my table.  My only suggestion would be to be sure you have enough room/clearance toward the rear when opening the lid.  My guess is that's why the egg is moved toward the front of the shelf in this picture.  I am sure others will chime in with their thoughts too.

Oh I almost forgot .... Welcome aboard
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    that doesn't look like a mini, that's a medium ..