Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just wanted to say thanks to the Virtual Weber Bullet

Options
Today I put my old warn out 18" WSM out to the curb and wanted to say thanks to the VWB website which has provided me with lots of helpful information and receipes through the years.
Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB

Comments

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    Spent many years there, great site!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• skellis614
    skellis614 Posts: 75
    Options
    Agreed. Spent a lot of time on that site.
    LBGE, Burgeoning Accessories
  • NJ_BBQ
    NJ_BBQ Posts: 137
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No offense to the folks at Weber or WSM users, but I feel like I got the training wheels off moving over to the Egg!
    Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB
  • mikeb9550
    mikeb9550 Posts: 95
    Options
    Just listed my wsm on Craigslist a little while ago. It's what got me started in real BBQ. That site is also great. Still go there now and then.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    wow, you got rid of a wsm?  cold dead hands brother, I will never give that thing up.  to each his own I guess.  glad you have an egg though.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I got rid of my WSM after just a couple cooks on the egg. I did replace it with another egg though so I didn't lose any real estate.
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    wow, you got rid of a wsm?  cold dead hands brother, I will never give that thing up.  to each his own I guess.  glad you have an egg though.

I have been debating whether I should give mine up or not.  What do you still use yours for?  I have not used mine since I figured out the egg a few months ago.  but I have thought of selling so I can buy more accessories.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    busmania said:

I have been debating whether I should give mine up or not.  What do you still use yours for?  I have not used mine since I figured out the egg a few months ago.  but I have thought of selling so I can buy more accessories.

I cooked eight butts on my 22" wsm for my brothers wedding a few weeks ago. The capacity is great, and the end result is the same as the egg, just less fuel used. But if you don't use it, your suggestion of turning it into accessories is a good one.

I just love how mine dials in at 250 for 18 hours. It won't go much past that though without a reload. I also love how I can take it my car easily. Every cooker has its place for me I guess.

• busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    Yeah, the WSM is sooooo EASY!  That is another reason I cant seem to get rid of it!