Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's Cook (Pork Butt, Beef Ribs)

Options
I picked up an 8 lb butt at wegmans yesterday and they had beef ribs on special.. I've never done beef ribs before so I picked up a small rack to try them out..

Did the whole cook at about 300 dome temp, the butt went on about 9am, wrapped around 2pm at 160, finally pulled the butt at around 5:30 at 203 and FTC'd for a few hours.. 

I threw the ribs on around 2pm when I wrapped the butt, dusted with some swamp venom and did a 3-2-1 with them, using some squeeze margarine and brown sugar during the wrap and they turned out really good.. and, although they were very tasty, it just makes me want to go pick up a few racks of spares and throw them on tomorrow :)

We had eaten a bunch of the pork before I thought to take a picture, so the end result photo is a little underwhelming, but both meats turned out spectacularly.

XL BGE - Baltimore, MD

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    Great cook. I'm still not happy with my beef rib cooks. Several people have mentioned foiling them lately so I may have to give that a try.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JaredMD
    JaredMD Posts: 59
    Options
    They were incredibly tender with the 2 hour wrap.. I don't have any other beef rib cooks to compare them to, though.

I'd like to try a few different rubs and larger racks of them.
    XL BGE - Baltimore, MD