Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Steaks our way

Fantastic steaks tonight. Wife says they're the best I've cooked.....and we've cooked many over the years.

Nolan Ryan sirloin, DP Cow Lick, Egg to 600-650 with a few mesquite chunks, two minutes per side, flip again and shut the Egg down for two more minutes for med rare. Cut like butter.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

image.jpg 1.7M
image.jpg 1.7M
·

Comments

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 997
    Those are some beautiful steaks!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,244
    Beeeyootiful indeed! :D
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 665
    edited July 2013

Thanks guys.....gotta' give the credit to the Egg.  The low and slows are great, but what has impressed me the most since I've owned mine is the quality of the hot and fast cooks just like this.  Absolutely amazing and cannot be replicated on a gasser. 

And FYI.....not sure where all it is available, but for you Texas Eggers, this Nolan Ryan beef is really good.  These sirloins were as good or better than any filets we've cooked in the past according to the wife at less than half the price.  Got it at a Kroger Marketplace.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,250
    Great cook and thanks for the recommendation. I'll be on the lookout for it in San Antonio. I love a good sirloin.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,134
    As that is the cut my wife says we will buy have been getting Prime. Will find an outlet for Nolan Ryan (should be close) and try. Thanks
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 637
    His brisket sausage sounds interesting - like to try that.
    ·