Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cuban Pork Chops and Bloody Mary Tomato Salad

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,067
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
Tonight's dinner was inspired by two different recipes that just happened to come together on the same night but ended up working well together.

The Bloody Mary Tomato Salad was great: basically a tomato salad, the dressing was a Bloody Mary minus vodka and tomato juice with the addition of a little oil. Served in a glass which made a nice presentation. Will definitely repeat.

The Cuban pork chops were supposed to be pan seared but I adapted and cooked on the BGE. Marinated for two hours in orange juice, lime juice and vinegar. Patted dry and seasoned with salt, pepper, dried oregano, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder. Cooked raised direct at about 450 (yes, that is my new AR you see in the photo...score!).

I topped the chops with a sauce that was sautéed red onion, garlic, orange juice, lime juice and white wine.

My wife scrounged around and whipped up some caipirinha spritzers.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 734K
image.jpg 879.7K
image.jpg 820.4K
image.jpg 879.5K
image.jpg 808.2K
image.jpg 996K
·

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 347

a

A very cool presentation and dinner. Have to try.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    Winner winner. Love that idea.  Chops look great too.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·