Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cuban Pork Chops and Bloody Mary Tomato Salad

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
Tonight's dinner was inspired by two different recipes that just happened to come together on the same night but ended up working well together.

The Bloody Mary Tomato Salad was great: basically a tomato salad, the dressing was a Bloody Mary minus vodka and tomato juice with the addition of a little oil. Served in a glass which made a nice presentation. Will definitely repeat.

The Cuban pork chops were supposed to be pan seared but I adapted and cooked on the BGE. Marinated for two hours in orange juice, lime juice and vinegar. Patted dry and seasoned with salt, pepper, dried oregano, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder. Cooked raised direct at about 450 (yes, that is my new AR you see in the photo...score!).

I topped the chops with a sauce that was sautéed red onion, garlic, orange juice, lime juice and white wine.

My wife scrounged around and whipped up some caipirinha spritzers.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments