Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cuban Pork Chops and Bloody Mary Tomato Salad

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 731
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
Tonight's dinner was inspired by two different recipes that just happened to come together on the same night but ended up working well together.

The Bloody Mary Tomato Salad was great: basically a tomato salad, the dressing was a Bloody Mary minus vodka and tomato juice with the addition of a little oil. Served in a glass which made a nice presentation. Will definitely repeat.

The Cuban pork chops were supposed to be pan seared but I adapted and cooked on the BGE. Marinated for two hours in orange juice, lime juice and vinegar. Patted dry and seasoned with salt, pepper, dried oregano, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder. Cooked raised direct at about 450 (yes, that is my new AR you see in the photo...score!).

I topped the chops with a sauce that was sautéed red onion, garlic, orange juice, lime juice and white wine.

My wife scrounged around and whipped up some caipirinha spritzers.
image.jpg
1536 x 2048 - 734K
image.jpg
2048 x 1536 - 880K
image.jpg
2048 x 1536 - 820K
image.jpg
2048 x 1536 - 880K
image.jpg
2048 x 1536 - 808K
image.jpg
1536 x 2048 - 996K