Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help!! My baby backs are ready 2 hours before dinner!! How do I keep them from drying out?

My egg temp stayed too high so the baby backs are done 2 hours before the crowd comes for dinner.
How do I keep them from over cooking or drying out?
They're still in foil, but I don't want to remove them yet.
I think I should do the following, but I'd like some advice:

Take them off the BGE, remove from foil, put on a platter in a cold oven, then half an hour before dinner, put them on the BGE, slather with sauce, etc?
Or, what??

HELP!!

Thanks.
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,236
    I would keep them wrapped in the foil and put them in a cooler with lots of towels (fill the void space) and then serve when ready-I have used this method for football tailgates many times-always works!  YMMV-
    Louisville
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    +1 for the cooler with towels
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • winojeffwinojeff Posts: 45
    Thanks.
    They're headed to the cooler with towels. Like brisket.

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    Warm oven (just under 200 tightly wrapped in plastic wrapped then foil. 
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,525
    lousubcap said:

I would keep them wrapped in the foil and put them in a cooler with lots of towels (fill the void space) and then serve when ready-I have used this method for football tailgates many times-always works!  YMMV-

+1. No worries, they will be fine.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • sporktaorsporktaor Posts: 16
    FTC for the win. Make sure meatside up.
    ·
  • ftc...always make you look like a hero
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    ·
  • winojeffwinojeff Posts: 45
    Thanks for the advice, everyone. The ribs were a huge hit.
    I did put them back on the BGE for half an hour when everyone came, sauced them, meat side up, and they were amazing.
    ·