Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HEB 620/2222 fridges

Options
sumoconnell
sumoconnell Posts: 1,932

Did you hear the fridges at Austin HEB 620/2222 failed, and all the meat got thrown out a couple days back? Is that true? Man, I wish they would have called and I could have saved some aged beef and whatnot.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.

Comments

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Just went there, sure enough, they are all down until this weekend at the soonest. no coolers, no veggies, meat or dairy.

They tried to donate before the temps got too high, but we're too late by food safety laws, and had to through it ALL out, even high end cuts.

Be on the lookout, when they re-open, I bet there is a great sale!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    wow! How can they ALL go out? I mean they are totally separate systems, right? 

BTW- Lakeway Randall's $2.29 Excel choice briskets again. They had like 10 this time. Just bought one.

They are fantastic and for that price, out of this world.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The school lunch program came by that night and raided the dumpster.  No more equestrian burgers for the fall semester!
    Options
    I can't believe they are on the same system, someone has to be worried about their job.

Thanks on the tip, as you know, I'm brisket hunting :)

I hear horse meat is on a comeback...how does it cook low and slow?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2013
    Options

I can't believe they are on the same system, someone has to be worried about their job. Thanks on the tip, as you know, I'm brisket hunting :) I hear horse meat is on a comeback...how does it cook low and slow?
    Delicacy in France.  So are snails and canned baby (whole - bleck) sparrows.  Depends on the cut.  And if it was a racehorse or in pasture.
    Thanks on the tip, as you know, I'm brisket hunting 

That's why I threw it out there. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX