Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Whole Pork Loin - Delicious! (with Pics and Temps)

JLGougeonJLGougeon Posts: 15
I tried my first whole pork loin, 4.3 lbs., and it was a big winner with the family.  Brought the Egg up to 350 with a raised rack.  Once the loin reached room temperature I covered it with a 50/50 mix of canola and olive oils.  Then I generously seasoned it with Bad Byron's Butt Rub.  It went on the Egg, direct but elevated, for 45 minutes.  At 45 minutes I "made the turn" and flipped it, also tossing some cherrywood chips on the coals.  It went another 35 minutes until it reached an internal temp of 162.  I would have pulled it earlier but SWMBO doesn't like any pink in her pork!  Let it rest for 15-20 minutes (while the corn on the cob cooked) and served it up.  I never knew pork loin could be so moist and tasty!imageimageimage
Pork.JPG
320 x 240 - 41K
Pork1.JPG
320 x 240 - 36K
Pork2.JPG
320 x 240 - 43K
Cheers!
John
XLBGE and Weber Silver "C"

Comments