Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Last nights Salmon and todays Butts and Beans

JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 1,226
Last night I did cedar plank Salmon on the large with asparagus. Marinated in a simple soy and brown sugar and grilled on the plank at 375 for about 15 minutes with Alder chips for smoke until the Salmon was 130 IT. For such a simple recipe this was fantastic. I simmered the marinade and drizzled on the plated salmon. I almost forgot the plated photo until it was almost gone, sorry.

This morning I put on 2 Costco boneless Butts and Baked Beans under to catch the drippings with hickory chunks for smoke. I have made the beans a few times and the reviews from friends cannot believe how good they are and are requested frequently now. I use Bushes baked beans and add, Ketchup, Mustard, worcestershire, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, rub, BBQ sauce, honey and brown sugar. I will cook them for a couple hours then refrigerate until the Butts are almost done then put them back on the get hot. Photo of Butts and Beans are after 2 hours.
IMG_1783.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_1784.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_1785.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_1786.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Large BGE 2006, Small BGE 2014
Weber Gasser for the Wife. 
Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments