Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vegetable Stir Fry

Options
My wife recently joined a farm share where we get a box of vegetables each week delivered to our house. It's alway interesting to see what they put in the box. This week we got green beans, zucchinis, squash, green onions, and white onions. So putting my big green ceramic thinking cap on I decide to make a vegetable stir fry with my carbon steel wok on the egg.

I quartered up all the veggies, made some homemade stir fry sauce (equal parts soy sauce and mirin with a dash of fish sauce, then I add fresh garlic).

I attached some pics, it was a big hit.

MP

Comments

• Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Options
    Looks good.  I have to do two meatless days a week now because of my cholesterol.  Looks like I may be getting a wok. 

LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    I'm actually on a veggie kick lately. It sounds boring but between stir fry dishes, my wife's homemade vegetable soup, my Mom's veggie lasagna, I'm enjoying the heck out of eating better during the week.

You may want to find a good Indian restaurant near where you live.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    I've wok'd for years on the big gas kitchen clock. I am just now starting to egg wok.
    That looks great and gives me motivation to explore and create.
    EVERYTHING is better on the egg!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!