Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Show me your wokking tools

Options
Are you using wood or stainless?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited July 2013
    Options

Not sure what tools you are referring to.  Depending on what I am cooking I use ss or iron tools.  Wok shop San Francisco. Sometimes I use a wooden spatula to stir with.

iron wok utensils

Hand-tooled Black Iron Wok Utensils (Spatula or Chuan and Ladle or Hoak)

Here are some additional thoughts to help!

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I guess that would've helped if I said Laddle and Spatchula. Thanks Richard.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I'm too lazy to take a pic right now, but I started out on a teflon-coated wok on the stove (like, say, 30 years ago) and used a green plastic spoon in my left hand and an olive-wood spoon in my right, because its what I had.  
    I'm still using them (the left spoon was replaced once, public pot-luck loss, but its still green).  Although I now wok on my Small Egg with seasoned cast-iron, I'm afraid of scratching the black coat and still use my original tools.
    Oh, and a Zyliss garlic press is always close by!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    LOL, my favorite wok took came from the camping section at Walmart.  You can see part of it here.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Chuan on left is from The Wok Shop & is my favorite (doesn't scratch my seasoning like the one in the middle). Other two are from a restaurant supply store. The big one is used on my 20" wok.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA