Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rib question

I have a frozen three pack of baby backs. I am planning on cooking them Saturday. I only need one pack. Would it be a problem to refreeze the other two racks? Thanks!!

• billyraybillyray Posts: 1,125
    No problem. Before they are completely thawed you will be able to pry apart the 1 rack you want. I would also separate the other 2 and repackage and freeze separately.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
  • Depending on how long you are going to freeze the other two, it may be a good idea to vac seal them.  Not sure if you were intending on doing that or not, but it will give you some more freezer time and prevent freezer burn. Hope this helps !!
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Try to separate before they thaw.   My opinion is the more times meat is frozen - you lose a bit every time.
    Cookin in Texas
  • TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    Thanks everyone!! I may cook all three and vac deal the other two with sauce. There will be about 9 month shelf life that way. Thanks for all the help!!