Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Seasoning on chicken legs - how and what?

What's recommended for getting some seasoning or flavour on or into chicken legs, if the skin is removed after cooking? Does anyone inject? (chicken legs, that is).

People say that Television is bad for you.  It's that bloody Fridge, that's killing me.

Comments

• I've never heard of injecting chicken legs.  Have you thought about brining?  If your brine is flavorful, it should naturally enter the chicken through the brining process.  I brine whole chicken, but not when I cook just legs.  When cooking legs, I cook with the skin on and let my rub add the flavor punch chicken needs.
    Flint, Michigan
  • hotwheelshotwheels Posts: 73

Help me a little on this. So you leave the skin on AND put on rub? Somehow under the skin?

People say that Television is bad for you.  It's that bloody Fridge, that's killing me.

• Nope.  I don't bother to lift the skin to add the rub directly on the meat.  I apply the rub to the exterior of the leg whether on skin or meat.  It does the job of adding the needed flavor.

Flint, Michigan
    edited July 2013
    Ok Mr. Flintstone. With a handle like that, I presumed you've cooked many the dead animal over fire, so I'm gonna go with you on this one.

edited July 2013

duplicate post

• As long as you like the rub, you can't miss!

Flint, Michigan
  • So @hotwheels , how did it turn out?
    Flint, Michigan