Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

i got no bark

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 15,970
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
didnt take a pic, was serving pulled pork to new neighbors LOL.  anyways this has never happened to me, a lightly tanned pork butt cooked low and slow for 17 hours. no bark at all. to complicate things i did two things differently that ive never done before with the last hundred or so butts, no mustard and lit the egg thru the lower vent instead of on top. other than that it was a typical cook for me, rub, additional brown sugar, some cayenne,apple wood for smoke, add an injection of apple juice and vinegar with some heat half way thru the cook, an indirect setup etc. neighbors didnt know the difference but .....
so what was it, lighting method or no mustard.

Comments