Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dinner on the Mini tonight.

Got this chicken from the farmers market here. I have been wanting to try the Dizzy Pig seasonings for a while, but always forgot to order them. Local Ace store started carrying these so I picked up a bottle.

Seasoned and on the Mini. Giving it about an hour at 400-425. Did it last time and it was great.

Will post plated pics if I remember.

Comments

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,742
    Nice, I need to do one on my large to see if it comes out better. On the mini im stuffed in there pretty good.
    Seattle, WA
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587
    What size bird is that on the mini?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,166
    Winner winner chicken dinner? :) did you cook the bird direct?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • StoicDudeStoicDude Posts: 80
    @Chubbs, this brid was pretty small. About 3 pounds I would say. I have fit bigger ones without a problem. Had one close to 5 lbs and it was fine. Just needed a longer cook and it looked massive on the Mini
    @caliking, yes. Always direct. about 400-450 degree temp and about an hour or longer depending on size.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587
    StoicDude said:
    @Chubbs, this brid was pretty small. About 3 pounds I would say. I have fit bigger ones without a problem. Had one close to 5 lbs and it was fine. Just needed a longer cook and it looked massive on the Mini
    @caliking, yes. Always direct. about 400-450 degree temp and about an hour or longer depending on size.
    Good to know, thanks. Have not done SC chicken on my mini yet. Guess I will add this to the rotation when planning my weekly chicken salad for lunches.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,782

I do a lot of stuff on my mini, but for spatchcock, I really like to get a 5 lb-plus bird for good leftovers.   That pretty well puts me on the large.  Just love it!

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    I am in your camp. Like the smaller birds best and do lots on the Mini.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now).