Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Holiday Buttermilk Brined Chickens

Did some whole chickens over the holiday that were brined in buttermilk. Very easy to do. 1 gallon buttermilk 1 gallon water Couple of cups of salt BGE seasoning Soaked about 10 hours and then washed off well When I put on the egg I did one beer can style and one on the v rack. Smoked with hickory for about 4 hours at 225. Wanted to go real slow with them to get as tender as I could. They turned out awesome. Had white sauce on the side.
image.jpg 826.6K
·

Comments