Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Beef short ribs

Im cooking some pre-packaged beef short ribs tonight. The package says medium heat 3 to 5 minutes a side until it hits temp. Any suggestions on temp and time to cook if there is a better way?

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 360
    Does pre packaged mean pre cooked? If not pre cooked I would check out the nibble me this recipe for smoking those bad boys. If pre cooked, I guess warm through until internal is in the 150's?
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,251
    edited July 2013
    They can be cooked like a steak - medium to medium rare or whatever - usually it's flanken cut - where the bone is cross cut so the marrow is on top of the "steak".  That's popular in Korean and Argentine cooking.

I like to cook them low n slow.  (They're usually cut more like traditional ribs but shorter).  In that case, you want to cook more like pork ribs.  I normally sous vide them and finish on the egg.

If they're pre-cooked well done, you just need to reheat them.  I doubt they are, but I'm saying that because I've not seen those before.