Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef short ribs

Options
Im cooking some pre-packaged beef short ribs tonight. The package says medium heat 3 to 5 minutes a side until it hits temp. Any suggestions on temp and time to cook if there is a better way?

Comments

• rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    Options
    Does pre packaged mean pre cooked? If not pre cooked I would check out the nibble me this recipe for smoking those bad boys. If pre cooked, I guess warm through until internal is in the 150's?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2013
    Options
    They can be cooked like a steak - medium to medium rare or whatever - usually it's flanken cut - where the bone is cross cut so the marrow is on top of the "steak".  That's popular in Korean and Argentine cooking.

I like to cook them low n slow.  (They're usually cut more like traditional ribs but shorter).  In that case, you want to cook more like pork ribs.  I normally sous vide them and finish on the egg.

If they're pre-cooked well done, you just need to reheat them.  I doubt they are, but I'm saying that because I've not seen those before.