Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

SWMBO Said One Wasn't Enough

This is one of her favorites and she wanted plenty of leftovers, so two ducks it was.

Left uncovered in refrigerator for two days and that seemed to really help dry out the skins. Cooked indirect at 350 grate and then kicked up to 425 for about the last 20 minutes for crispening effect. Pulled at 170 IT and let rest about 15 minutes.

I've even learned how make the Crepes myself.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,158
    Nice job.  Duck meat rules.   I hope you reserved the fat drippings for later.

Very nice work
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,225
    Nice! How did you manage the dropping fat? Pan with an air gap?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,146
    @caliking - yes, plate setter legs up, foil spacers, and large foil drip pan. It caught a surprising quantity; sadly I didn't save as @thetrim suggested.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 968
    Nicely done! Duck is one of the few things I have left to try on my Egg. I think your post may be getting me off the dime.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 862
    Really nice. Next time, do save the fat. It's better than bacon fat for cooking.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,828
    Wow! That looks specquackular! :D :-S :\">
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,225

Pomme frites made in duck fat are the bomb-diggity. I used to have an animal fats collection in my refrigerator, but had to leave it behind when we moved. Sad day it was :(

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.