Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

White fuzz growing inside egg

This is kinda gross and I don't know what it is.  I've been on vacation and haven't used the egg in a few weeks.  In addition it has been under a cover for the first time.  AND it has rained just about every day for weeks.  

WTH?

·

Comments

• SandBillySandBilly Posts: 224
    Mold, burn it off in a high temp burn.
    ·
  • thebaronthebaron Posts: 23
    Looks like a bit of mold. Nothing to really worry about I reckon.

Good friend of mine had the same thing. He did a good hot burn and it took care of that. Almost wondering if a big bag of dessicant is warranted when leaving the egg for a long time.
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,495
    edited July 2013
    I used to get that in mine when I first got the Egg but not so much any more. I think the suit or seasoning from your cooks helps prevent mold. I was recently gone on vaca for 1 1/2 wks the egg was under cover and we had 4" of rain but no mold inside the egg. I may have just been lucky. IDK

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 804
    Mold.  Remove the dome thermo.  Put some fresh lump in the fire box, open both vents, light, and let it burn everything.
    ·
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 489
    You need to leave the vents open a little for air circulation to help prevent mold.

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA
    ·
  • SookieSookie Posts: 183
    Ugly, but harmless :) 
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,091
    Fire her up. Drink 3 beers. Then enjoy tonight's cook
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    burn baby burn
    Cookin in Texas