Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket Question

Options
shadowcaster
shadowcaster Posts: 620
I put a brisket on the egg last night around 8pm and at 9:00 this morningnthe internal temp hit 203. It is now in FTC. My question is, we were not planning dinnner until about 3. How long should I keep it in FTC and how should I warm it up when it is time to eat? This is my first brisket on the eggand I think I nailed it, the probe slides in like butter and she looks beautiful. I dont want to dry it out and ruin it by warming it up wrong.
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Comments

• shadowcaster
    Options
    Here is a look at the finished product
    Pure Michigan
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    If I'm doing the math right you have a 6 hour FTC period. That is not a problem. It should work out perfectly.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    As long as it is a good airtight cooler - not a Playmate with the sliding lid that leaks like a sieve.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    Options
    What size brisket did you get on that Medium?
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lots of towels and you will be fine. No need to rewarm as it will still be plenty hot. Conrats- sounds like you really nailed it.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    Hey guys thanks for the advice, everything worked out at it turned out great! After I put it in the yeti it was time to crack a beer :)  Neal- originally it was a 14.5lb but my eyes were bigger than my egg haha. I had to cut a good 8" piece off in order for it to fit. I vacuum sealed the other piece and will save it for a day that it is just my wife and I eating. I wanted something smaller but the 14.5 was the smallest they had. I told my wife yesterday that I now need a large
    ;)
    Pure Michigan
  • SG329
    SG329 Posts: 5
    Options

It is now in FTC.
    Pardon my newbie status, please.     FTC ???
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Foil Towel Cooler (faux cambro)