Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

BGE wins again!

On the 4th of July, myself and two other native TX cooks hosted the 2nd annual "Billy Bobs BBQ Bash" it is a gathering of friends, and a friendly BBQ showdown. Each cook made 3 racks of baby backs, a side, and a meat. My cook was 24 lbs of pork butt (SWMBO made a homemade coleslaw), my side was a dozen smoked sweet potatoes, and my 3 racks of ribs. The other two cooks where using an offset, a weber kettle, and a Brickman bullet. They where skeptical of the BGE, but at the end of the meal they where belivers. One cook concided that my ribs where the best of the three. The other said they should leave their food on the cookers after sampling my pull. At the end of the party, my ribs where gone, 1 potato was left, and the pull was well picked over. I had made enough pull I could have feed the whole party alone, so I sent home leftover bags with several guests, including the host cook. The BGE took me from the under dog to the top cook of the BBQ bash. I didn't get many pics, only one was a quick shot of the pulled pork before taking it off. Was so focused on the cook, my timeline, and transporting to the party that I didn't get more photos.
2013-07-04 11.31.02.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Comments