Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

S'mores

A little rain can't keep you from making s'mores when you have a Big Green Egg! Our kids planned sleep over and wanted to have Bon Fire and make s'mores. Then came the RAIN! The coals on my egg were still warm from grilling burgers, so ............ We opened it back up and perfection. Not sure a s'more will ever taste the same without my egg.

Comments

• Well, you inspired me. After playing in the pool and having fun with friends it was time for dessert. I like your style. image
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    Defiantly gonna have to do this
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    That's cheating but looks easier than what we did.

When we were done cooking I left the Egg going.  I removed the grate and used sticks to get the marsh mellows down on the fire to make (screamin meme's) and then put on the chocolate and graham crackers manually.  Was allot of fun for the kids.  Had to burn the lump off when done to get rid of the marsh mellows that did not make it out.

Garnerville, NY
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Looks good. Does the gram cracker get charred?

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• No charring. But tasted good.
  • Looks very good. And nice Avatar Brother!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Add to your rotation. Kids & non-kids seem to like this. Did it at Salado Fest and a regular when grand kids are down. Tortillas and powdered surger. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited July 2013

Mickey said:
    Add to your rotation. Kids & non-kids seem to like this. Did it at Salado Fest and a regular when grand kids are down. Tortillas and powdered sugar.

Good idea.   I use Nutella, marshmallow fluff, cocoa powder, and nutmeg on a graham cracker...... never though of a tortilla though.

• mgoblue0484
    mgoblue0484 Posts: 148
    edited July 2013
    Yes please, I'll take 2! Might have to try it tonight! On the topic of desserts, I used the peanut butter/chocolate chips for the skillet cookie, I will never use regular chips again.

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va