Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maple Leaf charcoal brown or white bag?

Options

Hello all.... just wondering If anyone out there knows if there is a difference between the brown and white bags of maple leaf lump charcaol?

thanks.

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options

Hello all.... just wondering If anyone out there knows if there is a difference between the brown and white bags of maple leaf lump charcaol?

thanks.

There must be a Newfie joke in there somewhere?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

-A newfie walks into a lumber yard and says, "I's building an 'ouse bye' and needs me some a dat der too be far" The clerks says "You mean 2 by 4?", the newfie says "Yes bye', dat's da stuff." The clerks asks "Well how long do you need it?" The newfie responds "Well bye', I's buildin an 'ouse wit it so I's gonna need it for awhile."

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    As long as it is lump, it should be the same.  At my local home hardware store, 8kg bags are brown and 4 kg bags are white.  The red bags are briquettes.

Options
    Thanks paqman it's just that I saw one place that sold ML lump pieces and one that sold ML charcoal and wondered if there was a diff? Amazing how little ash this stuff produces compared to RO!!!

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Maple Leaf is the best.  Right now I use Basque's Natures own because it is 13$/8kg @ Costco VS 20$ for ML.  Once in a while,  SWMBO asks me to get some ML.

Options
    paqman said:
    Maple Leaf is the best.  Right now I use Basque's Natures own because it is 13$/8kg @ Costco VS 20$ for ML.  Once in a while,  SWMBO asks me to get some ML.
    I've been using the Natures Own from Costco too and have been pretty happy with it. The last bag of ML I bought was all little pieces so I was a bit disappointed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

Same here,first bag was all small pieces and the second was opposite with all big pieces.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    ML from Home Hardware is hit and miss but always seems to be in Brown bag, 8Kg. It is a long way to bounce on a rail car to BC, so it has had a rough ride. The Basque Sugar Maple, not as hot, seems to travel better. After 4 bags all have been very good. 
    RO in the 4.5KG bag was on sale at local Wally World for $6.46 (plus tax). That's the same as our American cousins pay for the 4.4Kg bag.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!