Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Time for Clean Burn?

EggHeadinFloridaEggHeadinFlorida Posts: 422
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
Been using the plate setter without foil for a few months now. Just saw after the Egg heated up a "oil" appeared on the surface of the plate setter (guess its from all the drippings.) Tried wiping it off and it did no good. Will a clean burn rejuvenate the plate setter? If so, what temp do I need to bring the egg to and for how long?

And I guess this nasty smell will transfer to these wings huh?
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    I would not worry all that much about the taste transfer.

Just load up some lump and open all the vents wide open and let it get as hot as possible. At least over 550 and start with the one side down and after a while it will turn nice new white again and flip it over and let that side cook for a while. 

It should clean up nice after a while. Really depends on how hot the thing is. 
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,174
    Pull your thermo out before doing the clean burn to save yourself from recalibrating after spinning the dial all the way around.