Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Butt on and im Excited!!!!!!

Options
kind of late but hey, apple juice injected peach summer rub,six chunks of peach wood...apple juice in drip pan, large green egg holding steady at 250 so tonight around 10 or 11pm we will see if I am what i say i am!!!  wish me luck!!! and of course pics to come!!!
"Ask not what your Egg can do for you, but what you can do for your egg" 1LBG 1XLBG , Grilling, JimBeam, and Life....What else is there??!!!!!

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    good luck, and don't worry pork is very forgiving.

• BigGreenHead
    Options
    Ok 15 hours and counting and we looking good butt at about 186 I'm a pull at 190 and she looks amazing...stay tuned folks pics coming!!!!!
    "Ask not what your Egg can do for you, but what you can do for your egg" 1LBG 1XLBG , Grilling, JimBeam, and Life....What else is there??!!!!!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    You'll always remember your first. ;)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options

Good luck. 

Some would say that 190 may not be high enough.  Use your thermometer as a probe and don't pull until the thermometer slides in like butter. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX