Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Help! too much smoke???

So...I layered my soaked hickory chips in my charcoal bed, and lit them...for the past hour I have gotten a whole lot of smoke!!!  I dont like my meat to be too smokey, so what do i do?

I think i may have went overboard with them amount of chips i put into my coal, do I let it ride, or do I foil my butt?

If i foil my but after 2 hrs, how much longer does it add to my cook time??? I was approximating 10 hrs on the cook!!
"Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,958
    I think you'll be fine. Foiling will actually speed up the cook. If you are really worried foil between 140 and 160.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,329
    Foil speeds up cooking.  You should foil and wait until the smoke clouds look less like Bhopal, namely clear smoke, then unfoil.  That thick smoke can make it taste bad, but less smoke never has that effect.

• Brianj5685Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    ok i am gonna let it ride for a little bit...prolly gonna foil it at the 4 hr mark
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,617
    Lift the lid for a couple minutes and chips will burn up
    Greensboro, NC