Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What Are You Drinking At This Moment?

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,070

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch.

I don't know how you drink scotch. Maybe my taste buds will develop at some point. I am only 16 after all
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501

Right now it 's coffee. Just put the apple pie on.

Last night it was Labbatts Blue the a Beam Manhattan.And the Tigers won.

Now this afternoon while doing BB ribs I may hoist a few Heniken. Then wine . Then a manhattan. Then snore!

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 643
    15 pound brisket hit 196 at 3:20 am after only 10.5 hours at 250. Rolled off the chaise, foiled, toweled, coolered. Finished half a warm Coors light, back in the chaise. Little case of the liver quivers, so Irished up the joe this morning...much better. Gonna take a few hours off I do believe, then I'm a hit a few of those Hemingway G&Ts with some Ransom. Giddyup.
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 680
    Time to reload or crack open the 12 year... Happy 4th everyone.
    image.jpg 2.4M

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,347
    edited July 2013
    Off to a better start today. Based on recs on this forum I picked up a bottle of Ommegang Double to drink when I am cooking later - and a South African Pinotage - "Dark Lady of the Labyrinth" to drink with burgers, brats, and kielbasa.
    If you've never had a Pinotage, you should try it. We discovered it in South Africa and really liked it. When I asked about it in the US, I was told "nobody will buy it because it tastes like bacon".
    I, of course, thought "BACON WINE! No wonder we like it so much". After it breathes a while it smells and tastes like a Texas smokehouse. It's the perfect grape for a wine to drink while grilling.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,772
    Possibly some Double Oak or "46" later... Some Sunset Wheat tween now and then, as I just got it in the ice water...

Have some Fat Bastard 2011 Cabernet for dinner with the dogs and burgers...
    ·
  • Shiner Ruby Redbird
    ·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 433
    Managed to beat the cold of yesterday by draining the bottle of Elijah Craig. My Grandma used to give us a shot of warmed up rye mixed with brown sugar but that was 49 years ago. Now I'm 54 so I guess there is a little more required. Drinking water at the moment thanks to that resistance!!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 975
    Coffee, fighting off the crown from last night. Happy fourth! Pig shots and wings going on the egg in a couple hours. Then...hair of the dog.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,019
    Just made the first couple cups from my new gadget....

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,862
    XLBalco said:

I just had that last week, I enjoyed it. Any other suggestions fir Belgians? I've done Chimay, La fin du monde, etc and in branching out. I also really enjoy Orval, but only can get it in a single 12 oz.

tonight I am drinking Sierra Nevada torpedo ipa.
    ·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,510
    edited July 2013
    Leffe
    Trois Pistoles (same brewery as La fin du monde)- anything from them is nice (and strong- they are Canadians)
    Anything from Ommegang
    Delirium Tremens
    Duval

Those will all get you started down a dark and wonderful path.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,019
    My buddy in Minneapolis recommended Surly

"It's never to early to drink Surly..."

http://www.surlybrewing.com/beer/year-round-beers.html

·
    I think today is going to be a beer day. Got a 12er of Stone IPA, a few growlers of ales I have never had, and the cheap domestic beer for when I am drunk and can't enjoy the nice stuff anyway. Wife is on way from parents house. Wonder if she is going to be mad that I am already a few deep at 12:30.... It is freaking Independence Day. Gulp.
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    Tanquery, tonic, lime

Later Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

After all I do have to work tomorrow!
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

·
  • ScottyboyScottyboy Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    Sun King Osiris IPA. Gettin ready to egg some nice thick ribeyes here in a bit.
    XL, LBGE, Adjustable Rig
    Greenfield, IN
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Sweet Tea right now.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·

Coffee, fighting off the crown from last night. Happy fourth! Pig shots and wings going on the egg in a couple hours. Then...hair of the dog.

Party at @Sumoconnell's today. Pig Shots, Wings and some whiskey... God Bless America!

·
    Anybody know if they sell liquor in Florida grocery stores? Gonna have my toes in the water and ass in the sand Saturday in Destin. Curious if I'll be able to wobble to Winn-Dixie for some Weller.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Wild turkey and coke. 101, none of that 80 proof crap.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,862
    Leffe
    Trois Pistoles (same brewery as La fin du monde)- anything from them is nice (and strong- they are Canadians)
    Anything from Ommegang
    Delirium Tremens
    Duval

Those will all get you started down a dark and wonderful path.

I have had 3 philosophers from Ommegang and I really enjoyed it.  Duval I didn't like, but it might be better aged?  I have had Unibroue' others such as Le Terrible, but not the one you mentioned.  I'll try the others too, thanks for the recommendations! 
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,274
    I would add Pannepot, La Chouffe, Rochefort, and Gulden Draak to that list.  Four of my fav's.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,229
    Sam Adams... Then PBR... Then Woodford
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    edited July 2013
    henapple said:

Sam Adams... Then PBR... Then Woodford

Ouch. I take it you done bye the whole "beer before liquor, never been sicker" shenanigans from college huh? Or late middle school early highschool in my case [-X
    ·
  • Chubbs said:
    I think today is going to be a beer day. Got a 12er of Stone IPA, a few growlers of ales I have never had, and the cheap domestic beer for when I am drunk and can't enjoy the nice stuff anyway. Wife is on way from parents house. Wonder if she is going to be mad that I am already a few deep at 12:30.... It is freaking Independence Day. Gulp.
    It is independence day, indeed. I'm sure she will gladly set you free if you give her a reason. 

·
  • Coffee for now. I will probley switch to Bud later this afternoon. I,m a cheap drinker. I am being lazy today and just cooking chicken breast
    San Angelo, texas
    ·
  • claybrnclaybrn Posts: 31
    Chubbs said:

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch.

I don't know how you drink scotch. Maybe my taste buds will develop at some point. I am only 16 after all
    I was always told you have to be over 50 to drink scotch or smoke a pipe. Something to look forward to, I suppose...
    ·
  • qprhooliganqprhooligan Posts: 118
    Since I don't drink alcohol, I am having a hot tea.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    Miller high life. The champagne of beers.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,312
    edited July 2013
    GQuiz said:
    Anybody know if they sell liquor in Florida grocery stores? Gonna have my toes in the water and ass in the sand Saturday in Destin. Curious if I'll be able to wobble to Winn-Dixie for some Weller.
    It is very rare to find hard liquor in a Florida grocery store, but many have attached package stores.  You can always find wine and beer in the grocery.  ABCs abound.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·