Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Drinking At This Moment?

Comments

• Back on Dale's Pale Ale, but on tap.  Local Total Wine happened to have a keg of it on hand, and we pounced.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Eagle Rare 10 year

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,777
    Had my first Dos-a-Rita last night.  I guess I just don't get it.  Mixing a good beer with a good margarita did not enhance either.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    And I think my cursor just got away from me and labelled one of the above posts "off topic".  My apologies.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Just got back from the Crossfit box - protein drink with water, neat.
  • Foghorn
    edited August 2013
    @Spaightlabs, good for you.  I did a Crossfit(ish) workout yesterday and rehydrated with water and Gatorade before I ventured out for the Dos-a-Rita.

San Antonio, TX

• Spaightlabs
    Tough to balance egging and crossfit sometimes...
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Foghorn said:

Had my first Dos-a-Rita last night.  I guess I just don't get it.  Mixing a good beer with a good margarita did not enhance either.

It's better couse you get to have two full size drinks and still call it one.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Woodford, rocks with a splash of water.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Foghorn
    edited August 2013

"Tough to balance egging and crossfit sometimes... "

To be sure.

"It's better couse you get to have two full size drinks and still call it one."

Well, there's that.

San Antonio, TX

• travisstrick
    @foghorn what's your Fran time? That's all that matters.
  • Spaightlabs
    edited August 2013
    I was with a girl named Fran once, back in high school. It was over pretty quick as I remember. But I've heard guys bragging about being done with Fran in under 3 minutes...Or are you talking about something else? :D Embrace the suck.
  • I was with a girl named Fran once, back in high school. It was over pretty quick as I remember. But I've heard guys bragging about being done with Fran in under 3 minutes...Or are you talking about something else? :D Embrace the suck.
    Guys bragging about being done in 3 minutes?  That sounds premature. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • travisstrick
    If you don't know what your Fran time is, then you don't have a Fran time.
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Jim Beam and Pepsi
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    GQuiz said:
    Eagle Rare 10 year
    My go to everyday bourbon.  Nice choice.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    Just arrived at the beach!  Cherry Grove, SC.  Grabbed a sixer of Sweetwater 420 IPA and heading to the beach with my chair!  Cheers!
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Ahhh yeah! Life is good.
    Steve 

• Foghorn
    edited August 2013
    @foghorn what's your Fran time? That's all that matters.

That may be true for you young active duty guys.  If you'll notice from my first post on the topic I said "Crossfit(ish)" workouts.  I don't have a pull-up bar at my house and I don't have a barbell at my neighborhood park so I don't have a Fran time.  And I make no claims to be in great shape - just that I persist in trying to be more fit.  I got my 100 burpees time under 20 minutes and I have completed a modified (bent over rows with barbells instead of pullups and sit-ups instead of knee-to-elbows) Filthy 50 in 54 minutes so I'm basically the slowest crossfitter ever, but I'm a persistent SOB..... 5 years ago I was 25 pounds heavier and could barely run a mile.  Now I can do some version of most Crossfit workouts and can run 6 miles. 

And to get this thread back on topic I'll take my Abita Purple Haze and tip it northward toward @YEMTrey as I just arrived at a beach as well.   Cheers.

San Antonio, TX

• Spaightlabs
    If you can finish the filthy fifty without dying you're in good shape! About to tear into a couple of Moscow Mules. We'll see at 5:00 at the box whether vodka and ginger beer are good fuel for a WOD...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Oxycontin (prescription for my root canal) and Jim beam Rye Kentucky bourbon with diet Coke.  I can't feel the pain anymore.

Oxycontin (prescription for my root canal) and Jim beam Rye Kentucky bourbon with diet Coke.  I can't feel the pain anymore.

My dad was my dentist growing up. He prescribed me pain medicine exactly zero times. We are still not friends because of it.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Just showed up at our grocery store. Anybody wanna play rock, paper, scissors?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Is 4 days a bad fran time?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited August 2013
    Griffin said:

Years ago, there was a cheap (and I mean CHEAP) beer with puzzles and jokes in the bottle cap. Anybody know what that one was? This is not a riddle, I really can't remember.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    edited August 2013
    Years ago, there was a cheap (and I mean CHEAP) beer with puzzles and jokes in the bottle cap. Anybody know what that one was? This is not a riddle, I really can't remember.
    Ballantine and Lone Star had puzzle caps way back when.  I believe there were other brands from the same brewery - Falstaff???
    Big Ragu Posts: 148
    Typical egg drink for summer is vodka club soda and lime.  live in FL and it keeps you hydrated in the heat.  today i am trying goose island wheat ale.  not a big beer drinker but have been wanting a change lately.  not bad, easy drinking, ice cold
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Just chased my first Spatch turkey with a Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Foghorn

If you can finish the filthy fifty without dying you're in good shape!

About to tear into a couple of Moscow Mules. We'll see at 5:00 at the box whether vodka and ginger beer are good fuel for a WOD...

Filthy 50 just about killed me. Tonight I'm doing Tabata 12 oz curls of Abita Purple Haze. May do some Tabata swimming tomorrow.

San Antonio, TX

• Trappist rochefort 8. But I would sell my kingdom for a nice cold YooHoo. Can't get them in my part of Canada anymore.
    Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith