Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cen-Tex brisket method. I hate to ask...

13»

Comments

• AUWAG said:
    Well it turned out pretty well. A little dryer than I would have liked but a good first cook. We had quite a spread of sides to go with it: squash casserole, tomato pie, cheese grits, cheese biscuits(red lobster kind which are awesome to make little sandwiches with!), and home made key lime pie. Everyone enjoyed. I kept it around 250 for 18 hours and pulled it at 195-200 depending on where the thermapen was inserted. I wrapped in foil and a towel and rested in a cooler for 1.5 hours. Any suggestions to avoid dryness or is that just the nature of the beast?! Thanks for everyone's help and hope you all had a happy 4th. Attached are a few pics.

Just need to cook more. You'll figure them out after a few. Could have been the brisket itself. What grade was it? I have better luck with choice and above but I've cooked a lot of select over the years.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX